Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Dead Glass

In those two little eyes

Those eyes which are tired, battered

By fighting against fear, dark and lies

I see something that's not yet shattered


I see dreams, hopes and anticipations

Of the time to come, of the days to follow

There I see so much fascination

For about everything they see and everywhere they go



There I also see, something dying

Something inside me cringes, I almost choke

Its there childhood, mortally wounded its lying

It lies disfigured, turned black like coke


From dis coke, I watch as a diamond takes birth

Its shine so strong it almost blinds you

The most valuable asset on the whole earth

Not to mention, the whole of this universe too...


But behold! Here comes a blow

A fatal hit that turns the diamond into glass

All the shine gone, no light dances in those eyes, only sorrow

And the glass shatters and with it I see the broken pieces of dreams, hopes n anticipations.....Alas!!!!

2 comments: